Creating and Maintaining Metadata Using ArcGIS Desktop
- Format: Web Course
- Duration: 3 modules (9 hours)
- Price: $96 USD
- ArcGIS Version: 9.1, 9.2, 9.3
- Authored by Esri
Metadata, the key information that documents a dataset, has emerged as a powerful tool for safeguarding an organization's investment in spatial data. Documenting datasets allows people to efficiently find them, evaluate their usefulness for a particular project, and share them with others. This course shows how metadata supports efficient management and use of spatial data and teaches practical strategies for creating and maintaining metadata using ArcGIS Desktop software. Students learn how to write proper metadata using tools in ArcCatalog and how to automate metadata workflows using templates.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for experienced ArcGIS users who work with, create, edit, or manage spatial data.
Learn How To
- Describe the benefits of creating and maintaining metadata.
- Explain the advantages of adhering to a metadata standard.
- Implement an appropriate metadata standard.
- Search metadata to find datasets.
- Evaluate datasets using metadata.
- Plan metadata content.
- Write proper metadata.
- Create templates and use sample code to streamline metadata production.
- Identify various ways to share metadata.
New Catalog Search
Contact us via e-mail or call toll-free at 888-377-4575, select option 3, between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM (Pacific Time).