Managing Lidar Data Using Mosaic Datasets (for ArcGIS 10.1)
- Format: Web Course
- Duration: 1 module (3 hours)
- Price: $32 USD
- ArcGIS Version: 10.1
- Authored by Esri
Mosaic datasets are an ideal option when you want to perform raster-based analysis on lidar data or provide end users with fast visualization and dynamic on-the-fly processing capabilities. This course teaches how to create a mosaic dataset to organize lidar data, apply techniques to optimize and control data display, and use functions that enhance visualization and generate new information from lidar data. This course assumes that raw lidar data has been acquired using airborne systems with the laser scanner pointing downward.
- GIS professionals, data managers, and others who work with lidar data for mapping and analysis. Those in the forestry, hydrology, environmental management, urban planning, defense and intelligence, and mining industries may find the course of particular benefit.
- IT staff and others who need to manage lidar data in ArcGIS.
- Completion of Getting Started with GIS (for ArcGIS 10.1), Working with Lidar Data in ArcGIS 10.1, and Managing Lidar Data Using LAS Datasets (for ArcGIS 10.1) or equivalent knowledge is required.
- Familiarity with the geodatabase, raster surface data, and 3D analysis is recommended.
New Catalog Search
Contact us via e-mail or call toll-free at 888-377-4575, select option 3, between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM (Pacific Time).