Managing Lidar Data Using Terrain Datasets
- Format: Web Course
- Duration: 1 module (3 hours)
- Price: $32 USD
- ArcGIS Version: 10.1, 10.2
- Authored by Esri
LAS datasets are useful for performing quality assurance on lidar data. Once you've determined quality standards have been met, creating a terrain dataset to store and organize the lidar data is recommended. Terrain datasets support fast data retrieval and display and allow you to easily generate derivative products, including digital elevation models (DEMs). This course teaches how to create a terrain dataset, then use it to visualize and analyze lidar data. This course assumes that raw lidar data has been acquired using airborne systems with the laser scanner pointing downward.
- GIS professionals, data managers, and others who work with lidar data for mapping and analysis. GIS professionals working in the forestry, hydrology, environmental management, urban planning, defense and intelligence, and mining industries may find the course of particular benefit.
- IT staff and others who need to manage lidar data in ArcGIS
- Completion of Getting Started with GIS and Managing Lidar Data Using LAS Datasets or equivalent knowledge is required.
- Familiarity with the geodatabase, raster surface data, and 3D analysis is recommended.
New Catalog Search
Contact us via e-mail or call toll-free at 888-377-4575, select option 3, between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM (Pacific Time).