Georeferencing Raster Data Using ArcGIS
- Format: Web Course
- Duration: 1 module (3 hours)
- Price: $32 USD
- ArcGIS Version: 10.1, 10.2
- Authored by Esri
Raster data, including satellite imagery, scanned maps, and aerial photos, is an important data source for GIS analysis and visualization. But just like other GIS data, for reliable results raster data must be accurately referenced to the correct location on the earth's surface. This course teaches a workflow to align a raster dataset with its real-world location and evaluate the accuracy of georeferencing results.
- GIS analysts, specialists, and others who need to work with raster data for mapping and analysis. GIS professionals working in the forestry, hydrology, environmental management, urban planning, defense and intelligence, and mining industries may find the course of particular benefit.
- IT staff and managers who need to understand raster data usage in ArcGIS may find the course of interest.
- Completion of ArcGIS 2: Essential Workflows or equivalent knowledge is required.
- Basic knowledge of remote sensing or photogrammetry is recommended.
New Catalog Search
Contact us via e-mail or call toll-free at 888-377-4575, select option 3, between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM (Pacific Time).