Managing Lidar Data Using LAS Datasets
- Format: Web Course
- Duration: 1 module (2 hours)
- Price: $32 USD
- ArcGIS Version: 10.1, 10.2
- Authored by Esri
The LAS dataset provides fast access to large volumes of lidar and surface data without the need to first convert or import the data. This course teaches how to create a LAS dataset to efficiently organize lidar data delivered in individual LAS files. You will learn how to quickly access key information about the lidar data and techniques to display lidar points in ArcMap. This course assumes that raw lidar data has been acquired using airborne systems with the laser scanner pointing downward.
- GIS professionals, data managers, and others who work with lidar data for mapping and analysis. GIS professionals working in the forestry, hydrology, environmental management, urban planning, defense and intelligence, and mining industries may find the course of particular benefit.
- IT staff and others who need to manage lidar data in ArcGIS
- Completion of Getting Started with GIS (for ArcGIS 10.1) and Working with Lidar Data in ArcGIS 10.1 or equivalent knowledge is required.
- Familiarity with the geodatabase, raster surface data, and 3D analysis is recommended.
New Catalog Search
Contact us via e-mail or call toll-free at 888-377-4575, select option 3, between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM (Pacific Time).