Getting Started with Esri CityEngine
- Format: Training Seminar
- Duration: 60 minutes
- Price: Free
- ArcGIS Version: 10.1
- Authored by Esri
Esri CityEngine is a powerful application used to create highly realistic urban content and 3D city models based on 2D and 3D data, feature attributes, and procedural rules. This seminar provides an overview of the CityEngine application and an in-depth tour of its interface. You will see how CityEngine organizes project data and files, how to access the rules that drive a 3D city model, and how CityEngine and ArcGIS integrate seamlessly to provide an interactive, iterative geodesign workflow.
Who Should Attend
- GIS professionals, urban planners, landscape architects, architects, entertainment professionals, and others who want to work with 3D city models
- Anyone who wants an overview of what Esri CityEngine is used for, how to navigate within it, and create and interact with 3D city models
Learn How To
- Use the City Wizard to quickly create an urban scene.
- Navigate within a scene and use different techniques to select features.
- Inspect feature rules and modify rule parameters to quickly view design changes.
- Add 2D and 3D data from a variety of sources and apply rules to create a 3D city model.
- Export a 3D city model to a geodatabase, open it in ArcGIS 3D Analyst for analysis, then import the analysis results into CityEngine to continue the geodesign process.