Finding Geographic Data in ArcGIS
- Format: Web Course
- Duration: 1 module (3 hours)
- Price: $32 USD
- ArcGIS Version: 10.1, 10.2, 10.3
- Authored by Esri
The foundation of every GIS map, app, and analysis is geographic data, but finding the right data for your needs can be a challenge. This course teaches how to get started defining your data needs and evaluating whether a given dataset matches those needs. You will explore some common geographic data formats used in ArcGIS and learn about sources of data and maps you can use to jumpstart a GIS project. This course requires access to an ArcGIS Online organizational subscription or free trial subscription.
- Individuals who are new to GIS concepts and to ArcGIS software
- IT staff, developers, managers, and others with limited GIS experience who need to be aware of GIS fundamentals
- Completion of Getting Started with GIS or equivalent knowledge is required.
- Completion of Referencing Data to Real-World Locations Using ArcGIS is recommended.
New Catalog Search
Contact us via e-mail or call toll-free at 888-377-4575, select option 3, between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM (Pacific Time).