Advanced Techniques for Cartographic Representations (for ArcGIS 10)
- Format: Web Course
- Duration: 1 module (3 hours)
- Price: $32 USD
- ArcGIS Version: 10.0
- Authored by Esri
Cartographic representations provide a rule-based solution to help maximize efficiencies in map production workflows. As with all rules, exceptions may be necessary. This course teaches how to account for exceptions within representation rules to optimize cartographic display, improve map readability, and adapt feature symbology to meet specific mapping needs—while maintaining all the benefits of storing and managing feature symbology in the geodatabase.
Who Should Attend
Cartographers and GIS professionals who produce maps or are responsible for managing cartographic data standards for their organizations.
Learn How To
- Remove symbol overlaps without changing the underlying spatial data.
- Orient features in one layer to features in another layer, such as buildings to streets.
- Use an automated process to find and correct graphic conflicts on a map.
- Create overpasses to indicate locations where line features cross and enhance map readability.
- Create a free representation to symbolize a feature that requires a unique or complex rendering.
- Quickly resolve symbol display issues caused by a representation rule change.
New Catalog Search
Contact us via e-mail or call toll-free at 888-377-4575, select option 3, between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM (Pacific Time).