Getting Started with Cartographic Representations (for ArcGIS 10)
- Format: Web Course
- Duration: 1 module (3 hours)
- Price: $32 USD
- ArcGIS Version: 10.0
- Authored by Esri
Cartographic representations are used to create sophisticated rule-based map symbology that is stored in a geodatabase with the associated spatial data. This course teaches basic concepts of cartographic representations and shows how they can be used to optimize map production workflows and solve cartographic challenges. You will learn how to create unique symbology to support different map purposes and scales without data duplication or processing.
Who Should Attend
Cartographers and GIS professionals who produce maps or are responsible for managing cartographic data standards for their organizations.
Learn How To
- Quickly convert a layer's symbology to a cartographic representation.
- Create a new cartographic representation in ArcCatalog as a property of a feature class.
- Build custom symbols using symbol layers and other techniques.
- Create multiple representation rules to define unique feature symbols based on feature attributes.
- Create multiple representations for a single feature class to efficiently create different maps from the same data.
- Apply marker placement rules and geometric effects to achieve sophisticated cartographic output without changing the underlying feature geometry.
- Share and reuse symbology defined by representation rules.
New Catalog Search
Contact us via e-mail or call toll-free at 888-377-4575, select option 3, between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM (Pacific Time).