Building Models for GIS Analysis Using ArcGIS 10
- Format: Web Course
- Duration: 1 module (3 hours)
- Price: $32 USD
- ArcGIS Version: 10.0
- Authored by Esri
A geoprocessing model visually communicates the assumptions, criteria, tools, and datasets associated with a GIS analysis—and it is an automated solution for producing data that supports decision making. This course teaches how to use the ArcGIS ModelBuilder application to interpret existing geoprocessing models, create new models, add tools and data to a model, chain tools together to form an analysis workflow, and then execute that workflow with a single click. You will learn techniques to validate a model, manage data created from individual model processes, and prepare a model to be shared with others.
Who Should Attend
GIS analysts, specialists, and other professionals who want to automate GIS analysis workflows and share them with others.
Learn How To
- Examine an existing model to understand its processes, required inputs, and the final output.
- Create a new model, add geoprocessing tools to it, and set the sequence in which the tools will run.
- Validate a model to ensure that all of its tools run properly.
- Set model parameters to allow model users to easily repeat an analysis using different data or criteria.
- Document a model so that others can understand its purpose and the analysis workflow it encapsulates.
New Catalog Search
Contact us via e-mail or call toll-free at 888-377-4575, select option 3, between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM (Pacific Time).