Working with Coordinate Systems in ArcGIS 10
- Format: Web Course
- Duration: 1 module (3 hours)
- Price: $32 USD
- ArcGIS Version: 10.0
- Authored by Esri
When you add a spatial dataset to a GIS map and features display in the wrong location or not at all, a coordinate system issue is often to blame. This course provides an in-depth look at coordinate systems and common challenges that arise when working with data stored in different coordinate systems. You will learn practical guidelines for solving these challenges as well as techniques to correct problems caused by unknown and missing coordinate system information.
Who Should Attend
Students and professionals who want to understand fundamental coordinate system concepts in order to prevent data alignment errors and error propagation in measurements and analysis operations.
Learn How To
- Determine the coordinate system used by a spatial dataset.
- Assign a coordinate system to a geodatabase feature class created from tabular data.
- Define a coordinate system for a shapefile that is missing its projection file.
- Correct data misalignments caused by datum differences.
- Assess whether a particular datum transformation is optimal for the data being mapped.
- Choose an appropriate datum transformation for your data to ensure features display in the correct locations.
New Catalog Search
Contact us via e-mail or call toll-free at 888-377-4575, select option 3, between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM (Pacific Time).