Working with Annotation Using ArcGIS 10
- Format: Web Course
- Duration: 1 module (3 hours)
- Price: $32 USD
- ArcGIS Version: 10.0
- Authored by Esri
Without text, almost any map would be incomplete. Effective text allows map users to understand the map's content, geographic context, and purpose. Using ArcGIS annotation, you can efficiently place, format, reuse, and maintain the critical text for your mapping projects. This course covers the different types of annotation that are available and teaches techniques to create and update annotation to enhance your maps and make them more usable. One course exercise requires an ArcEditor or ArcInfo license of ArcGIS.
Who Should Attend
Cartographers, GIS specialists, and other professionals who need to make maps for print or digital output.
Learn How To
- Determine the appropriate map text solution for a given mapping project.
- Create annotation to label map features that are not represented as spatial data in your GIS database.
- Manage map text display by organizing annotation into subgroups and associating subgroups with map layers.
- Quickly create geodatabase annotation by converting a map layer's dynamic labels.
- Edit annotation attributes, orientation, and position to enhance map readability.
- Create feature-linked annotation to ensure that map text reflects the current state of the database.
New Catalog Search
Contact us via e-mail or call toll-free at 888-377-4575, select option 3, between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM (Pacific Time).