Basics of Map Projections (for ArcGIS 10)
- Format: Web Course
- Duration: 1 module (3 hours)
- Price: $32 USD
- ArcGIS Version: 10.0
- Authored by Esri
When starting a GIS mapping project, a crucial step is deciding which map projection to use. If the projection does not support the map's purpose, the map will be ineffective—or worse, misleading. This course explores major categories of map projections and their properties. You will learn which projections are commonly used for different types of GIS maps and how to choose an appropriate projection for a given mapping project.
Who Should Attend
Students and professionals who need to understand fundamental map projection concepts in order to create effective GIS maps.
Learn How To
- Describe characteristics of different categories of map projections.
- Identify the distortion patterns of different map projections.
- Change the projection used by a map and assess the differences.
- Know what questions to ask before deciding which map projection to use.
- Choose an appropriate map projection for a specific part of the world and map purpose.
New Catalog Search
Contact us via e-mail or call toll-free at 888-377-4575, select option 3, between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM (Pacific Time).