Using Lidar Data in ArcGIS 10
- Format: Web Course
- Duration: 1 module (3 hours)
- Price: $32 USD
- ArcGIS Version: 10.0
- Authored by Esri
This course covers essential concepts needed to efficiently use lidar data for visualization and analysis in ArcGIS. Because of its massive size, lidar data can be difficult to use as-is. In this course, you will learn techniques to create smaller, derived datasets from lidar data to support specific applications and how to integrate lidar data with other data sources to create more complete three-dimensional topographic surfaces.
Who Should Attend
GIS analysts, specialists, and others who want to work with lidar data in ArcGIS for visualization and analysis. GIS professionals working in the forestry, hydrology, environmental management, urban planning, defense and intelligence, and mining industries may find the course of particular benefit.
Learn How To
- Find the key properties of a lidar dataset you need to know in order to create accurate data products from it.
- Create a terrain dataset from lidar data to achieve efficient data storage, fast rendering, and scalability.
- Generate terrain pyramids to improve performance for data visualization and surface analysis operations.
- Use a terrain dataset to perform a 3D line-of-sight analysis.
- Create high-quality surface derivatives including contours, digital elevation models (DEM), and TINs from terrain datasets.
- Extract intensity values from a lidar dataset to create intensity images that support visualization and feature detection.
- Combine lidar data with other data sources to improve 3D visualization.
New Catalog Search
Contact us via e-mail or call toll-free at 888-377-4575, select option 3, between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM (Pacific Time).