Displaying Raster Data Using ArcGIS 10
- Format: Web Course
- Duration: 1 module (3 hours)
- Price: $32 USD
- ArcGIS Version: 10.0
- Authored by Esri
This course teaches techniques to display raster data in ArcMap so that the information needed for a particular analysis or application is clearly presented. You will learn how to appropriately symbolize rasters based on their attributes and intended use, modify raster properties to support visual interpretation, and optimize performance for a seamless viewing experience.
Who Should Attend
- GIS analysts, specialists, and other experienced ArcGIS users who need to work with raster data, including imagery, for visualization and analysis.
- Professionals and students interested in the use of GIS for forestry, agriculture, environmental management, urban planning, and geospatial intelligence may find the course of particular interest.
Learn How To
- Choose an appropriate symbology method for different types of raster data.
- Understand the information represented by different bands in multispectral imagery and display band combinations that support the intended use of the imagery.
- Build pyramids to improve raster display speed.
- Calculate statistics to better distinguish surface features.
- Adjust stretch, brightness, and transparency properties to enhance raster display.
- Use acceleration to improve performance while zooming and panning a raster.
New Catalog Search
Contact us via e-mail or call toll-free at 888-377-4575, select option 3, between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM (Pacific Time).