Distance Analysis Using ArcGIS 10
- Format: Web Course
- Duration: 1 module (3 hours)
- Price: $32 USD
- ArcGIS Version: 10.0
- Authored by Esri
Analyzing the distance between two or more locations helps answer questions such as, which areas on the ground will be impacted by noise from a flight path? which medevac unit should be dispatched to an accident scene? and, what is the most efficient path for a pipeline between a reservoir and a water treatment plant? This course teaches how to use ArcGIS Spatial Analyst tools to create raster surfaces that identify the shortest, straight-line distance between locations as well as cost-effective paths that reflect specific criteria important to your project success.
Who Should Attend
GIS analysts, specialists, and professionals working in industries such as utilities and communications, pipeline, environmental management, mining, forestry, and emergency response.
Learn How To
- Create a surface that stores the straight-line distance and compass direction to a given source location from each cell within an area of interest.
- Determine the closest source facility for a group of features within an area of interest.
- Create a surface that represents how a variable, such as slope or land cover, affects the cost of travel across an area.
- Prepare data for a least-cost path analysis by reclassifying values to a common scale of suitability.
- Perform a least-cost path analysis to find the most efficient route between two locations based on travel restrictions and weighted criteria.
New Catalog Search
Contact us via e-mail or call toll-free at 888-377-4575, select option 3, between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM (Pacific Time).