Python Scripting for Map Automation in ArcGIS 10
- Format: Web Course
- Duration: 1 module (3 hours)
- Price: $32 USD
- ArcGIS Version: 10.0
- Authored by Esri
This course teaches how to automate map production and related data management tasks that would be time-consuming and tedious to perform manually. You will learn how to work with the mapping module of the ArcPy site package to quickly and easily update map layers and map document properties, modify map content, and produce individual maps and map books.
Who Should Attend
GIS specialists, mapping technicians, cartographers, and other ArcGIS users involved with map production workflows.
Learn How To
- Update map document properties such as author, date, and descriptive tags.
- Repair broken layers when map files or data sources have been moved.
- Redirect layers when a new data source has been created.
- Turn map layers on and off and add layers to a map.
- Change a layer's symbology in all maps that contain the layer.
- Print maps and export maps to PDF.
- Publish map books created with data driven pages.
New Catalog Search
Contact us via e-mail or call toll-free at 888-377-4575, select option 3, between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM (Pacific Time).