Introduction to Spatial Pattern Analysis
- Format: Training Seminar
- Duration: 60 minutes
- Price: Free
- ArcGIS Version: 9.3, 9.3.1, 10.0
- Authored by Esri
ArcGIS software provides tools to help you describe and model the spatial distribution of phenomena. The name may sound daunting, but the spatial statistics tools are not difficult to use. In many ways, they extend what the eyes and mind do intuitively to assess spatial patterns, trends, and relationships.
You can use the ArcGIS spatial statistics tools to answer questions such as:
- Which meeting site is most accessible?
- Which plant species is most concentrated?
- Is the disease spreading or remaining geographically fixed?
- Which areas are associated with unexpectedly high rates of 911 calls?
- Where are anomalous spending patterns?
Epidemiologists, crime analysts, demographers, emergency response planners, transportation analysts, archeologists, wildlife biologists, retail analysts, and other GIS practitioners interested in moving beyond putting points on a map to analyzing spatial patterns and trends.
New Catalog Search
Contact us via e-mail or call toll-free at 888-377-4575, select option 3, between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM (Pacific Time).