Basics of Raster Data (for ArcGIS 10)
- Format: Web Course
- Duration: 1 module (3 hours)
- Price: $32 USD
- ArcGIS Version: 10.0
- Authored by Esri
The raster data model is used to represent many types of geographic phenomena and many sophisticated GIS analyses and predictive models rely on raster data. Before you can perform an analysis or create a model, however, you need to understand the fundamental concepts of the raster data model. This course teaches those concepts. You will explore the structure of raster data, learn about different raster formats and why raster data is preferred for certain GIS operations, and how to choose the appropriate type of raster data for a given application.
Who Should Attend
Individuals who have basic knowledge of GIS concepts and ArcGIS software but are new to raster data.
Learn How To
- Describe the structure of raster data.
- Understand the types of geographic phenomena that raster data is typically used to represent.
- List some sources of raster data.
- Examine properties of a raster in ArcMap.
- Adjust raster symbology in ArcMap to aid visual interpretation.
- List common raster data formats and give an example of why you might use each one.
New Catalog Search
Contact us via e-mail or call toll-free at 888-377-4575, select option 3, between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM (Pacific Time).