Mobile GIS: Creating Web Maps for Lightweight Mobile Apps
- Format: Web Course
- Duration: 1 module (3 hours)
- Price: Free
- ArcGIS Version: 10.0
- Authored by Esri
Lightweight mobile applications that feature GIS data and functionality extend the benefits of GIS to anyone using a web browser, Internet-enabled mobile device, or desktop GIS application. In this course, you will learn best practices for authoring web maps using ArcGIS software and tools available on ArcGIS.com. Strategies for designing map services that support field data collection and editing workflows are presented.
Note: This course does not cover ArcGIS Mobile or support for Windows Mobile devices.
- GIS analysts, specialists, and other experienced ArcGIS users who need to create web maps for lightweight mobile applications.
- ArcGIS Server administrators who need to manage map services that will be used in lightweight mobile applications.
- Web developers who want to understand the process for creating web maps and high-performing map services.
- Completion of ArcGIS Desktop II: Tools and Functionality or Learning ArcGIS Desktop and Introduction to ArcGIS Server or equivalent knowledge is required.
- Experience working with ArcSDE multiuser geodatabases is recommended.
New Catalog Search
Contact us via e-mail or call toll-free at 888-377-4575, select option 3, between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM (Pacific Time).