Using Lidar Data in ArcGIS
- Format: Web Course
- Duration: 1 module (3 hours)
- Price: $32 USD
- ArcGIS Version: 9.3,9.3.1
- Authored by Esri
Lidar is a modern remote sensing technology that is widely used by geospatial information professionals in many industries. Because lidar data is highly accurate, it is well-suited for use in creating robust three-dimensional surface models to address real-world problems.
This course covers basic concepts and tasks of using lidar data to create derived products such as terrains, digital elevation models (DEMs), and intensity imagery. You will also learn how to use lidar data to carry out advanced 3D modeling and analysis.
This course is designed for geospatial information professionals who have acquired lidar data and/or who wish to process lidar data for determining digital elevation models, 3D city models, forestry parameters, and other derived products.
Completion of the following courses or equivalent knowledge is required:
- Getting Started with Lidar in ArcGIS
- Learning ArcGIS Desktop (for ArcGIS 9.2-9.3)
- Creating, Editing, and Managing Geodatabases for ArcGIS Desktop
- Learning ArcGIS Spatial Analyst
- Learning ArcGIS 3D Analyst
- Managing Lidar Data in ArcGIS
New Catalog Search
Contact us via e-mail or call toll-free at 888-377-4575, select option 3, between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM (Pacific Time).