Learning ArcGIS Spatial Analyst
- Format: Web Course
- Duration: 6 modules (18 hours)
- Price: $160 USD
- ArcGIS Version: 9.2, 9.3
- Authored by Esri
ArcGIS Spatial Analyst software supports a broad range of sophisticated spatial modeling and analysis applications. This course teaches how to use ArcGIS Spatial Analyst to produce and control raster data. Students create a variety of raster surfaces including hillshade relief maps, slope and aspect surfaces, and density and distance surfaces. In course exercises, students work within the ArcGIS geoprocessing environment to create, execute, and automate spatial analysis workflows.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for experienced ArcGIS users who want to work with rasters to identify spatial relationships, develop suitability models, or calculate the cost of travel over a surface.
Learn How To
- Understand basic cell modeling concepts.
- Use ArcGIS Spatial Analyst tools in dialog boxes, models, and at the command line.
- Control analysis results using geoprocessing environment settings.
- Create continuous surface maps.
- Create straight-line and cost-weighted distance surfaces.
- Find least-cost paths.
- Generate density maps.
- Convert vector data to raster data.
- Perform viewshed analyses.
- Perform neighborhood and zonal analyses.