Introduction to ArcGIS Data Interoperability
- Format: Training Seminar
- Duration: 60 minutes
- Price: Free
- ArcGIS Version: 9.1, 9.2, 9.3
- Authored by Esri
ArcGIS Data Interoperability allows GIS professionals to use any standard GIS data, regardless of format, within the ArcGIS environment for mapping, visualization, and analysis. Jointly developed by ESRI and Safe Software, this extension is built on Safe Software's industry-standard Feature Manipulation Engine (FME) technology.
In this seminar, the presenter discusses the added format support, data translation tools, and Spatial ETL (extract, transform and load), and how each of these work within ArcGIS. The seminar also includes a brief discussion of the ArcGIS Server Data Interoperability extension.
Who Should Attend
- ArcGIS users who want to learn how ArcGIS Data Interoperability can help to support their data workflows.
- GIS users whose role includes importing, exporting, and management of spatial data, also known as Spatial ETL (extract, transform, and load) workflows.
Learn How To
- Use added format support.
- Integrate geoprocessing.
- Use quick translation tools.
- Use workbench application (included with Data Interoperability).
- Use spatial ETL (extract, transform, load) tools.
- Use these concepts in ArcGIS.