Beyond Where: Using Regression Analysis to Explore Why
- Format: Training Seminar
- Duration: 60 minutes
- Price: Free
- ArcGIS Version: 10.1
- Authored by Esri
Regression analysis is a set of statistical methods used in many application areas to explore why different phenomena occur, predict spatial outcomes, and answer questions such as
- Why is so much crime or disease occurring in particular areas?
- How will improvements to road conditions influence traffic fatalities?
- How will projected population growth affect service demand?
In this seminar, the presenter discusses basic regression analysis concepts and the ArcGIS geoprocessing tools and workflows used to perform regression analysis.
Who Should Attend
GIS analysts interested in statistical analysis. Analysts working in business, defense, education, health and human services, natural resources, and public safety will also find the seminar of interest.
Learn How To
- Use regression analysis methods to explore data and spatial data relationships.
- Build a properly specified OLS model and interpret results.
- Use geographically weighted regression to refine remediation strategies and inform policy.