Georeferencing Rasters in ArcGIS
- Format: Web Course
- Duration: 1 module (3 hours)
- Price: $32 USD
- ArcGIS Version: 9.1, 9.2, 9.3
- Authored by Esri
Raster data files, such as satellite images and aerial photographs, are more useful when registered to the same projection used by other GIS data in an organization's data holdings. ArcGIS software provides all the tools needed to georeference, transform, and project raster data. In this focused course, students learn how to transform a raster to fit a known projection, as well as how to scale, shift, rotate, and project raster data.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for ArcGIS users who work with raster data and want to learn about registering rasters to a known projection.
Learn How To
- Identify ungeoreferenced rasters.
- Add control points to a map.
- Create links and test their accuracy.
- Rectify a digital raster graphic (DRG).
- Rectify a digital ortho quadrangle (DOQ).
- Improve georeferencing accuracy using control layers.
- Save transformation information.
New Catalog Search
Contact us via e-mail or call toll-free at 888-377-4575, select option 3, between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM (Pacific Time).