Exploring Spatial Patterns in Your Data Using ArcGIS 10
- Format: Web Course
- Duration: 1 module (3 hours)
- Price: $32 USD
- ArcGIS Version: 10.0
- Authored by Esri
When starting a GIS analysis project, how do you know which tool or combination of tools to select? Visually inspecting your data on a map is an important first step. Going beyond a simple visualization to an in-depth examination of your data's characteristics is the next step, and the topic of this course. You will learn how to use spatial statistics tools and ArcGIS Geostatistical Analyst tools to better understand your data—and ensure the analysis methods and tools you choose are appropriate and will generate reliable results that support decision making.
Who Should Attend
Anyone who wants to create statistically valid prediction surfaces and models, especially GIS analysts and specialists, students, and researchers and professionals working in industries such as public health, hydrology, meteorology, agriculture, environmental management, and mining.
Learn How To
- Know what questions to ask about your data before choosing an analysis tool.
- Examine the spatial distribution of a dataset to identify clusters and spatial relationships in the data.
- Understand the properties of a normally distributed dataset.
- Interpret a histogram to determine the frequency distribution of a dataset.
- Find outliers in your data using a semivariogram cloud, Voronoi map, histogram, and normal QQ plot.
- Use a trend analysis graph to identify patterns in your data.
- Assess which analysis tools are appropriate given the spatial distribution and values of your data.
New Catalog Search
Contact us via e-mail or call toll-free at 888-377-4575, select option 3, between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM (Pacific Time).