Organizing Raster Data Using ArcGIS 10
- Format: Web Course
- Duration: 1 module (3 hours)
- Price: $32 USD
- ArcGIS Version: 10.0
- Authored by Esri
Once you obtain raster data, you need to make some decisions in order to maximize its value to your organization. How will the data be used? How many people require access? Will it be served on the web or an intranet? The answers to these questions will determine which raster management solution you choose. This course introduces techniques to store and manage raster data for optimal display, fast querying, and use in GIS analysis. You will learn how to evaluate which raster formats and storage methods will best meet your needs.
Who Should Attend
GIS data managers, analysts, specialists, and others who need to manage and work with raster data.
Learn How To
- Apply different techniques to optimize raster display.
- Convert a raster from one format to another to improve access and rendering.
- Assign a spatial reference to display a raster in the correct location and align it with other data.
- Create and edit metadata to document raster data.
- Choose a storage method that supports the intended use of the raster data.
- Create a mosaic dataset to efficiently store a large collection of rasters.
New Catalog Search
Contact us via e-mail or call toll-free at 888-377-4575, select option 3, between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM (Pacific Time).