Mobile GIS: Creating Web Maps for Lightweight Mobile Apps
- Format: Web Course
- Duration: 1 module (3 hours)
- Price: Free
- ArcGIS Version: 10.0
- Authored by Esri
Lightweight mobile applications that feature GIS data and functionality extend the benefits of GIS to anyone using a web browser, Internet-enabled mobile device, or desktop GIS application. In this course, you will learn best practices for authoring web maps using ArcGIS software and tools available on ArcGIS.com. Strategies for designing map services that support field data collection and editing workflows are presented.
Note: This course does not cover ArcGIS Mobile or support for Windows Mobile devices.
Who Should Attend
- GIS analysts, specialists, and other experienced ArcGIS users who need to create web maps for lightweight mobile applications.
- ArcGIS Server administrators who need to manage map services that will be used in lightweight mobile applications.
- Web developers who want to understand the process for creating web maps and high-performing map services.
Learn How To
- Optimize GIS data, map documents, and map services for use in a web map.
- Set layer properties and assign feature symbols to ensure web maps are usable and fast-performing in lightweight mobile applications.
- Quickly create web maps using the free ArcGIS.com map viewer and ArcGIS Online services.
- View and update web maps using ArcGIS.com and ArcGIS Explorer Online.
- Share web maps using ArcGIS.com to make them accessible to others and extend your work to the GIS community.