Learning ArcGIS Desktop (for ArcGIS 10)
- Format: Web Course
- Duration: 8 modules (24 hours)
- Price: $224 USD
- ArcGIS Version: 10.0
- Authored by Esri
ArcGIS is a system that includes all the tools needed to get the most out of a GIS. This course introduces fundamental concepts of GIS and the major functionality contained within ArcGIS Desktop software. In course exercises, you will follow the GIS analytical process and work with a variety of tools to solve realistic problems. This course emphasizes practical GIS software skills.
Who Should Attend
Individuals who are new to ArcGIS Desktop software and new to GIS.
Learn How To
- Understand basic concepts of GIS and how it is used for decision making.
- Work with a GIS map to find features of interest, analyze patterns, and derive useful information.
- Classify, symbolize, and label map features to support data visualization and interpretation.
- Create and edit geographic data to accurately represent real-world objects.
- Perform spatial analysis using queries, geoprocessing tools, and models.
- Design high-quality maps and reports to share analysis results with others.