Using Python in ArcGIS Desktop 10
- Format: Web Course
- Duration: 1 module (3 hours)
- Price: Free
- ArcGIS Version: 10.0
- Authored by Esri
At ArcGIS Desktop 10, Python scripting is tightly integrated into ArcMap and ArcCatalog, allowing you to create and automate GIS workflows quickly and easily. This course introduces Python scripting in ArcGIS Desktop and shows how you can use scripts to increase productivity and the quality of your maps and data. The presentation covers how to use the new ArcPy mapping module to manipulate map documents and layers.
Who Should Attend
GIS analysts, specialists, and other experienced ArcGIS users who want to automate complex tasks and common procedures.
Learn How To
- Create basic Python scripts using correct syntax.
- Write and run scripts in ArcMap using the Python window.
- Use Python in the Field Calculator.
- Create script tools to automate geoprocessing operations.