Best Practices for Working with Map Templates
- Format: Training Seminar
- Duration: 60 minutes
- Price: Free
- ArcGIS Version: 9.3, 9.3.1
- Authored by Esri
Map templates, created by expert ESRI cartographers, are a valuable resource to help you create professional-quality GIS maps that support your organization's daily operations. Using the cartography, sample data, and tools provided in the templates, GIS professionals and others can produce maps for print, the web, and mobile applications. This seminar explores techniques and best practices to integrate your own data with a map template and share your resulting work with others.
Who Should Attend
Cartographers, GIS professionals, and other experienced ArcGIS Desktop users who want to use map templates to create professional-quality maps for print or online use
Learn How To
- Access map templates.
- Determine what types of resources are included with a map template.
- Recognize considerations when configuring your data for use with a map template.
- Quickly create a template-based map that showcases your data.
- Use best practices for sharing your work.