ArcGIS Data Interoperability Basics
The ArcGIS Data Interoperability extension helps GIS professionals quickly convert spatial data to the precise format and data model needed for the task at hand. This course, the first in a series of six, introduces the concepts and terminology of interoperability. You will learn how to read, import, and export spatial datasets quickly and easily, regardless of data format.
Who Should Attend
GIS professionals who want to efficiently work with a variety of data formats in the ArcGIS environment. CAD professionals who need to understand CAD/ArcGIS workflows will also benefit.
Other courses in this ArcGIS Data Interoperability series:
- Introduction to ArcGIS Data Interoperability Spatial ETL Tools
- Data Transformation with ArcGIS Data Interoperability Spatial ETL Tools
- Advanced Format Translations with ArcGIS Data Interoperability Spatial ETL Tools
- Multiple Dataset Translations Using ArcGIS Data Interoperability
- Custom ArcGIS Data Interoperability Tools and Spatial ETL Best Practices
Learn How To
- Discuss what data interoperability is and its benefits for accessing and sharing data.
- Find interoperability data sources in the ArcCatalog Catalog tree.
- Create Interoperability Connections in ArcCatalog.
- Describe how data interoperability works in ArcMap.
- Use the Quick Import and Quick Export tools in ArcToolbox.