Regression Analysis Basics in ArcGIS 9.3
- Format: Training Seminar
- Duration: 60 minutes
- Price: Free
- ArcGIS Version: 9.3
- Authored by Esri
Regression analysis techniques are used to examine how phenomena vary over space (where things actually occur), predict where phenomena may occur, and help explain the factors behind observed spatial patterns. By finding answers to questions such as:
- Where are people persistently dying young in the United States?
- Where are children consistently achieving high test scores?
You can then explore questions such as:
- Why are people dying young?
- What factors contribute to consistently high test scores?
ArcGIS 9.3 introduces advanced tools that allow you to apply Ordinary Least Squares Regression and Geographically Weighted Regression analysis techniques. This seminar covers the process for building a regression model and explores a typical regression analysis workflow.
Who Should Attend
GIS analysts who are interested in statistical analysis.
Learn How To
- Recognize when you should use regression analysis and what kinds of questions it can answer.
- Use characteristics of a properly specified Ordinary Least Squares model and how to interpret results.
- Use Geographically Weighted Regression to refine remediation strategies and inform policy.