Working with CAD Data in ArcGIS Desktop (10.0)
- Format: Instructor-Led
- Duration: 1 day (8 hours)
- Price: $505 USD
- ArcGIS Version: 10.0
- Authored by Esri
Knowing how to integrate CAD data into GIS workflows will help you streamline GIS data editing, enhance GIS maps, and perform GIS analyses. In this course, you will learn how to display CAD data with GIS layers in ArcGIS, use CAD data directly in ArcGIS geoprocessing and analysis operations, and import CAD data into a geodatabase. Techniques and best practices for data conversion to support integrated CAD/GIS workflows are covered.
Who Should Attend
- GIS specialists, analysts, data managers, and other experienced ArcGIS users who need to work with CAD data in ArcGIS.
- Experienced CAD users who have basic ArcGIS skills.
Learn How To
- Explore CAD data organization, properties, and attributes using the Catalog window in ArcMap.
- Display and symbolize CAD data in ArcMap.
- Perform an analysis that uses both geodatabase feature classes and CAD feature classes.
- Georeference a CAD feature class so that it displays correctly with GIS data.
- Convert a CAD feature class to a geodatabase feature class.
- Prepare geodatabase feature classes for export to a complex CAD drawing file that contains attributed CAD entities.
- Create a model to automate CAD data conversion and append the output to an existing geodatabase feature class.
New Catalog Search
- Jul 18, 2013
- Sep 12, 2013
- Oct 23, 2013
Need Help With This Course?
Let’s talk—We can answer your questions and help you schedule a class that meets your needs. E-mail us or call toll-free at 800-447-9778, ext. 5757.