Introduction to Geoprocessing Scripts Using Python
- Format: Instructor-Led
- Duration: 3 days (24 hours)
- Price: $1,605 USD
- ArcGIS Version: 10.2, 10.3
- Authored by Esri
Python scripts can reduce the time spent on complex or repetitive tasks, enabling GIS staff to be more productive. This course teaches how to create Python scripts to automate tasks related to data management, feature editing, geoprocessing and analysis, and map production using ArcGIS. You will also learn how to share your Python scripts so your key GIS workflows are accessible to others.
Note: Course concepts apply to both ArcGIS 10.2 and 10.3. Esri will provide ArcGIS 10.3 for use during course exercises. The course data DVD includes files for ArcGIS 10.2 users.
GIS analysts, specialists, data processors, and others who want to automate ArcGIS tasks and workflows
- Completion of ArcGIS 2: Essential Workflows and ArcGIS 3: Performing Analysis or equivalent knowledge is required.
- Knowledge of Python syntax and experience creating Python scripts is required. For those new to Python, Python for Everyone is strongly recommended.
- Basic programming skills, including using loops and conditional statements, are required.
New Catalog Search
- Jun 16 - Jun 18, 2015
- Jun 23 - Jun 25, 2015
- Jul 07 - Jul 09, 2015
- Jul 15 - Jul 17, 2015
Coral Gables, Florida
- Jul 29 - Jul 31, 2015
Speak with a Specialist
We can answer questions and help you schedule a class that meets your needs. Call 800-447-9778, ext. 5757 or email us.