ArcGIS Online Campus Basemap Workshop
A good basemap is essential for any organization that manages features such as buildings, landscaping, roads, and walkways in a campus setting. This course introduces the Campus Basemap template and the Local Government Information Model. You will learn how, together, the template and information model simplify and standardize the creation of a large-scale campus basemap, which can then be used as a foundation for desktop, web, and mobile facilities management applications. The course also explains how you can have your campus basemap hosted online as part of the Esri Community Maps Program.
Who Should Attend
- GIS professionals who manage data for campus organizations such as public and private school districts, colleges and universities, and commercial business centers.
- Students who will be working with their schools to create campus basemaps are encouraged to attend.
Learn How To
- Describe how campus basemaps are used in ArcGIS Online and the Community Maps Program.
- Use the Esri Campus Basemap template to create and symbolize campus basemap features.
- Migrate data to the Local Government Information Model.
- Build a simple web application that showcases a campus basemap.