Esri Technical Certification: Skills Review for ArcGIS Desktop Associate
- Format: Instructor-Led
- Duration: 2 days (16 hours)
- Price: $1,010 USD
- ArcGIS Version: 10.1
- Authored by Esri
This course is taught with ArcGIS 10.1, but course concepts also apply to ArcGIS 10.0.
This course helps prepare you to take the ArcGIS Desktop Associate certification exam. You will review and apply your ArcGIS skills in the areas of GIS data management, editing, visualization, and analysis. Hands-on practice with ArcGIS for Desktop software is emphasized.
This course is designed as an exam preparation resource. You are not required to take this course to earn the certification, and completing this course does not guarantee you will pass the exam.
Who Should Attend
Individuals planning to take the ArcGIS Desktop Associate 10.0 or 10.1 certification exam
Learn How To
After completing this course, you will have reinforced the skills required to perform the tasks below. You will also identify areas where you may need to invest additional preparation time in order to earn the ArcGIS Desktop Associate certification.
- Create a file geodatabase, add data to it, and define components used to ensure data integrity.
- Assess scale, resolution, and coordinate system information to determine whether a dataset is appropriate for a given task.
- Choose appropriate source data, layer properties, and layout elements for a given map purpose.
- Create labels and annotation to improve map readability.
- Design a map that will be shared on the web.
- Create and update feature geometry and attributes with the required accuracy.
- Edit data in a versioned environment and resolve editing conflicts.
- Choose appropriate data, tools, and workflows for a given proximity, overlay, and temporal analysis.
New Catalog Search
- Jul 02 - Jul 03, 2013
- Sep 05 - Sep 06, 2013
Need Help With This Course?
Let’s talk—We can answer your questions and help you schedule a class that meets your needs. E-mail us or call toll-free at 800-447-9778, ext. 5757.