ArcGIS Desktop I: Getting Started with GIS (10.0)
- Format: Instructor-Led
- Duration: 2 days (16 hours)
- Price: $1,010 USD
- ArcGIS Version: 10.0
- Authored by Esri
This course is for ArcGIS 10.0. If you are looking for ArcGIS 10.1 training, see ArcGIS I: Introduction to GIS.
This course teaches the fundamental concepts and basic functions of a GIS, the properties of GIS maps, and the structure of a GIS database. In course exercises, you will develop basic software skills by working with ArcGIS Desktop 10.0 tools to visualize geographic data, create maps, query a GIS database, and analyze data using common analysis tools.
Who Should Attend
- Individuals who do not have any prior GIS education or workplace experience with GIS.
- Managers and GIS support staff who need to understand how GIS fits into their organization.
Learn How To
- Understand what GIS is, what it can do, and how others are using it.
- See how your organization can benefit from a GIS.
- Create a basic GIS map.
- Work with different types of geographic data.
- Access information about geographic datasets and features.
- Apply a systematic approach to analyzing data in order to find patterns and relationships.
New Catalog Search
- Jun 12 - Jun 13, 2013
- Jul 24 - Jul 25, 2013
- Sep 05 - Sep 06, 2013
Need Help With This Course?
Let’s talk—We can answer your questions and help you schedule a class that meets your needs. E-mail us or call toll-free at 800-447-9778, ext. 5757.