Creating and Publishing Maps with ArcGIS (10.0)
- Format: Instructor-Led
- Duration: 3 days (24 hours)
- Price: $1,515 USD
- Authored by Esri
Focusing on fundamental cartographic design principles, this course teaches how to create attractive maps that are easy to interpret and properly designed for their audience and delivery medium. You will learn to produce high-quality, database-driven maps by applying a standard cartographic workflow. This course is taught with an ArcInfo license of ArcGIS Desktop 10.0 software, and some course exercises use tools provided in ArcGIS Spatial Analyst and Maplex for ArcGIS.
Who Should Attend
- Experienced ArcGIS Desktop users with little or no cartographic experience.
- Experienced cartographers with limited ArcGIS Desktop experience who want to create data-driven maps.
Learn How To
After completing this course, you will be able to
- Plan a cartographic project.
- Evaluate data for cartographic purposes.
- Create appropriate symbology, map elements, and layout designs for different types of maps.
- Create labels and annotation that are easy to read by the map's intended audience.
- Apply a standard cartographic workflow to create maps efficiently using ArcGIS.
- Produce maps for a variety of delivery media, including a web mapping application.
New Catalog Search
There are currently no classes scheduled.
To discuss setting up a class, please e-mail us or call 800-447-9778, ext. 5757.
Need Help With This Course?
Let’s talk—We can answer your questions and help you schedule a class that meets your needs. E-mail us or call toll-free at 800-447-9778, ext. 5757.