Performing Analysis with ArcGIS Desktop (10.0)
- Format: Instructor-Led
- Duration: 3 days (24 hours)
- Price: $1,515 USD
- Authored by Esri
This course is for ArcGIS 10.0. If you are looking for ArcGIS 10.1 training on GIS analysis, see ArcGIS III: Performing Analysis.
In this course, you will acquire or improve skills to generate reliable results from different types of GIS analyses. The course teaches a proven process you can use to solve a variety of spatial problems including site selection, line of sight (visibility) analysis, and hot spot analysis. You will also learn regression analysis techniques for determining why a spatial pattern exists. This course is taught with an ArcInfo license of ArcGIS Desktop 10.0 software, and some course exercises use tools provided in the ArcGIS Spatial Analyst extension.
Who Should Attend
GIS analysts, specialists, and other experienced ArcGIS Desktop users who manage or conduct GIS analysis projects.
Learn How To
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Apply best practices to choose appropriate data, analysis methods, and GIS tools for a given project.
- Prepare vector and raster data for analysis.
- Build and modify a geoprocessing model to automate analysis tasks, examine what-if scenarios, and compare results.
- Create a weighted suitability model to select the best location for a new site.
- Apply spatial statistics to analyze, interpret, and quantify geographic data.
- Build a regression model to help determine why a spatial pattern exists.
- Evaluate analysis results and present them to decision makers.
New Catalog Search
There are currently no classes scheduled.
To discuss setting up a class, please e-mail us or call 800-447-9778, ext. 5757.
Need Help With This Course?
Let’s talk—We can answer your questions and help you schedule a class that meets your needs. E-mail us or call toll-free at 800-447-9778, ext. 5757.