Creating and Analyzing Surfaces Using ArcGIS Spatial Analyst (10.0)
- Format: Instructor-Led
- Duration: 1 day (8 hours)
- Price: $505 USD
- Authored by Esri
In this course, you will use ArcGIS Spatial Analyst to model a variety of real-world scenarios to create new data, derive new information from existing data, analyze complex terrain attributes, and solve problems. You will work with elevation rasters and other data to model surfaces, evaluate results, and create a variety of maps for more informed decision-making.
Who Should Attend
GIS analysts and other experienced ArcGIS users who need to perform raster-based spatial modeling and analyses such as
- Finding suitable locations for new development.
- Siting cellular and radio towers and map potential relay tower sites.
- Finding low-visibility locations for storage tank farms.
- Finding optimal locations based on site slope and aspect requirements.
- Determining lines of fire for military fortifications.
- Predicting fire risk.
Learn How To
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Use different interpolation methods to create surfaces from sample data and evaluate the results.
- Calculate density, slope, and aspect.
- Create hillshade, shaded relief, and contour maps.
- Calculate visibility surfaces and viewsheds.
New Catalog Search
There are currently no classes scheduled.
To discuss setting up a class, please e-mail us or call 800-447-9778, ext. 5757.
Need Help With This Course?
Let’s talk—We can answer your questions and help you schedule a class that meets your needs. E-mail us or call toll-free at 800-447-9778, ext. 5757.