ArcGIS Desktop II: Tools and Functionality (9.3)
- Format: Instructor-Led
- Duration: 3 days (24 hours)
- Price: $1,515 USD
- Authored by Esri
This course introduces the fundamental concepts of ArcGIS Desktop software and teaches how to use it to visualize, create, manage, and analyze geographic data. In course exercises, you will use ArcMap and ArcCatalog (the primary applications included with ArcGIS Desktop) to perform common GIS tasks and workflows. By the end of the course, you will understand the range of ArcGIS Desktop functionality and be prepared to work with the software on your own to create GIS maps, work with geographic data, and perform GIS analysis.
Who Should Attend
- GIS professionals who have no ArcGIS software experience.
- Professionals in other industries who have GIS knowledge but no ArcGIS software experience.
Learn How To
After completing this course, you will be able to
- Identify which ArcGIS Desktop application to use for common GIS tasks.
- Create a file geodatabase to store and manage geographic data.
- Create and edit geographic data to accurately represent real-world objects.
- Explore geographic data in ArcMap.
- Classify, symbolize, and label map features to improve map visualization and interpretation.
- Create data from x,y coordinates and by geocoding addresses.
- Query and analyze GIS data to support decision making.
- Create presentation-quality maps and graphs.
- Create a map template to standardize map production.
New Catalog Search
There are currently no classes scheduled.
To discuss setting up a class, please e-mail us or call 800-447-9778, ext. 5757.
Need Help With This Course?
Let’s talk—We can answer your questions and help you schedule a class that meets your needs. E-mail us or call toll-free at 800-447-9778, ext. 5757.