ArcGIS Desktop I: Getting Started with GIS (9.3)
- Format: Instructor-Led
- Duration: 2 days (16 hours)
- Price: $1,010 USD
- Authored by Esri
The first of three courses in the ArcGIS Desktop Foundational Training Curriculum, this course teaches the fundamental concepts and basic functions of a GIS, the properties of GIS maps, and the structure of a GIS database. In course exercises, you will develop basic software skills by working with ArcGIS Desktop tools to visualize geographic data, create maps, query a GIS database, and analyze data using common analysis tools.
Who Should Attend
- Individuals who do not have any prior GIS education or workplace experience with GIS.
- Managers and GIS support staff who infrequently use ArcGIS and need to understand how GIS fits into their organization.
Learn How To
After completing this course, you will be able to
- Understand what GIS is, what it can do, and how others are using it.
- See how your organization can benefit from a GIS.
- Create a basic GIS map.
- Work with different types of geographic data.
- Access information about geographic datasets and features.
- Apply a systematic approach to analyzing data in order to find patterns and relationships.
New Catalog Search
There are currently no classes scheduled.
To discuss setting up a class, please e-mail us or call 800-447-9778, ext. 5757.
Need Help With This Course?
Let’s talk—We can answer your questions and help you schedule a class that meets your needs. E-mail us or call toll-free at 800-447-9778, ext. 5757.